Study Guide Exam 3 PSY 131: Chapter 9, 11- 13
Chapter 9: meeting processes
1) Group: Three or more peck who move and are interdependent in the mavin that their needs/goals grounds them to influence each other
2) Social Roles: Shared expectations in a group about how particular populate are hypothetical to behave
3) Social Facilitation: The tendency for raft to do better on simple tasks and worse on complex tasks when they are in the nominal head of others and their individual performance can be evaluated; presence of others causes alertness (arousal)
4) Deindividuation: The loosening of normal constraints on behavior when tidy sum cannot be identified. Getting lost in a press can lead to an unleashing of behaviors that we would never dream of doing by ourselves.
5) Process Loss: Any aspect of group interaction that inhibits unspoiled problem solving
6) Transactive Memory: The combined memory of two people that is more efficient than the memory of either individual.
7) Groupthink: A kind of thinking in which maintaining group cohesiveness and solidarity is more outstanding than considering the facts in a realistic manner; flawed post rather than truth.
Signs of groupthink involve: pressure toward conformity, illusion of invulnerability and sense of moral superiority, illusion of unanimity
8) Group Polarization: The tendency for groups to do decisions that are more extreme than the initial inclinations of its members. (Ex. Groups of young people will often do stupid things that they later bitterly regret).
9) Great Person Theory: The idea that certain central personality traits make a person a technical leader, regardless of the situation
10) Transactional Leaders: Leaders who set clear, short-tem, goals and reward people who meet them
11) Contingent Theory of Leadership: The idea that leadership effectiveness depends both on how task-oriented or relationship-oriented the leader is and on the amount of control and influence the leader has...If you want to baffle a full essay, order it on our website: Ordercustompaper.com
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my paper